March 19, 2002
- Huge Orlando News!!!!!! Orli will be in Our Sunshine, a movie about the Australia outlaw Ned Kelly and his gang. Ned will be played by Heath Ledger, and Orlando will play his best friend Joe Byme. Orlando said he would be in it on So Graham Norton a while back (as well, he gave a preview of the Irish accent he will be doing for his role), but now it is confirmed in a Yahoo article here. Hmmm Orlando and Heath together? I don't think my heart could take it!
- From the same article, Orlando will be in a movie called "The Calcium Kid" about a British milkman with a steel jaw who is pickedd to be a replacement boxer in a title fight against a U.S. champ. o...k....
- And more congratulations to Orli for winning the Internet Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance!
- There will be an exhibit of LOTR costumes in Los Angeles at the FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). For more information, go to the FIDM website/a> (click on "The Art of Motion Picture Costume Design" exhibition).
- Be sure to watch the Academy Awards on March 24th! Orlando is supposed to be there, and rumour has it that the elves are going to talk elvish during their acceptance speech (and of course they're gonna win right!?) :)
- Also, mark March 29th on your calenders for the TTT 4 minute preview to be added to FOTR in theatres! Check TORn/a> to make sure it will be shown in your country.
- "Wilde", which contains Orlando's first movie role (for all of 11 seconds...) is now available on DVD (hmmm, the zoom feature is sounding mighty fine right about now!)
Feb. 17, 2002
- Orlando won the Empire Award for Best Debut! See pics and listen to
his acceptance speech at
Empire Online. Congrats Orli! :)
- Hear (and see) Orli speak Elvish at part of the official LOTR site here. Click on "Languages
of Middle Earth Video"
- Another clip of Orlando, this time at the Black Hawk Down premiere in London.
- In a strange twist, you can hear a bit of Orli in an interview with Ian McKellen talking about X-Men 2 (for those of you in a cave with Internet connection, Sir Ian played Magneto in the first X-Men movie). I think it's the same one from Capital FM (wher you can read the transcript and listen), but as my comp has been a tad wonky I haven't been able to listen to them myself.
- Rumour has it that the The Two Towers trailer is supposed to air during the Oscars on March 24, and that the 4 minute glimpse at TTT that will be shown after The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in theatres is supposed to start in 2 weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!
- Lord of the Rings has gotten 13 nominations for the Academy Awards, including Best Film, Best Director, and Best supporting actor for Ian McKellen. Congratulations the cast and crew! We'll all be watching on March. 24!
Feb. 2, 2002
- Orlando is nominated for an Empire Award for Best Debut! Good luck Orli!
- Orlando has been the top search on IMDB for almost a month, was second on Yahoo Buzz (now 4th), and is 17th on Lycos Search Top 50! Wow, Orlando sure is getting popular!
- Watch the infamous NZ bathtub race
- Also another orli/liv interview here
- Orlando was one of the choices on mostbeautifulman.com for February's Most Beautiful Man. The results will be revealed on February 4th (after some devoted voting by lots of Orli fans)
- Order Orlando's Midsomer Murders episode online (in PAL format) here
(Trying a new, easier to update format for the news, so forgive the scrapping of all the past news))